Ah, the holiday gift exchange! It’s one of the popular seasonal traditions practiced by many companies. Some do Secret Santas while others exchange White Elephant gifts, but both can be a headache if you have no idea what to buy!Here are a few of our favorite gift ideas under $50 that are office appropriate and gender neutral (in case you’re doing a White Elephant exchange):
- iPod/MP3 player docking station (pictured)
- Digital camera keychain
- Digital photo keychain
- Dirt Devil Kone Handvac
- Gourmet food items (be sure to visit the online boutique of our colleagues at The Gilded Fork)
- Aromatic reed diffusers
- All-in-One dessert mixes (like the Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix)
Giftcards are always an easy way to deal with the pressures of gift giving but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any room for thought!
- Pick restaurants, coffee shops or ice cream/frozen yogurt stores that your coworkers frequent for breakfast, lunch or dessert.
- Buy subway or bus passes if most people take public transportation or buy certificates for car washes if you live in a city where everyone drives.
- For relaxing after work or during weekends, giftcards or certificates for a no-frills, massage-only spa, movie theaters or movie rentals are always a nice gift.
- All of these giftcard ideas can also be given in smaller dollar amounts if you want to give something to everyone in your office!