During the recent holidays someone asked what success really meant to me. To be very honest I couldn’t come up with a simple answer. I mean, success can mean so many different things. So I decided to do some research and here are 5 quotes that really stood out to me.
1) I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why . . . I succeed. ~Michael Jordan
2) All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. ~Mark Twain
3) Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas A. Edison
4) It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it. ~Vince Lombardi
5) The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. ~Confucius