The following is an excerpt from an article that Jennifer Kushell is quoted in…
“…Although Gen Y as a group is accused of being babied by their “helicopter parents,” how can you tell if yours fall into this category? Jennifer Kushell, president and co-founder of YS Interactive and YSN.com, offered the following examples:
- They write or heavily edit their kids’ resumes for them.
- They consider it their responsibility to find their kid a job.
- They pull every favor with every business contact they have to find their kids a job.
- They contact potential employers on their kids behalf.
- They attend career fairs with their kids or on their behalf.
- They even show up to interviews with their kids.
This interaction is impacting hiring professionals in many ways as Gen Y begins to enter the workforce…”